Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

ACCEPTED!!!!



At 5:45 yesterday morning it finally came. The Email I have been anxiously awaiting for the last few months. Every morning for three months the first thing I do in the morning is check my Email, often times not even out of bed yet and more asleep than awake. This has been my morning ritual. We knew that we were going to receive something this morning, but were not sure exactly what it was going to be. Anyway, its early and I am trying to read through my Email list after a terrible night of failing to sleep, and there it was looking at me from the inbox. As I am opening the Email my lovely ( oh so patient first thing in the morning ) wife was asking me what it said.

"Hold on baby I am opening it right now." I said

"Well how long does it take?" She questioned.

As I begin reading I realize that this document is translated very poorly. I read it once, twice, three times and still do not understand it.

"What does it say? Did you get it?" She asks again a little irritated. 

"I don't know!" I respond.

"What do you mean you don't know?!? She snarls.

"I mean I don't know! I can't figure out what it is saying." I fire back.

"Here! You read it! Most of it is in Swedish anyway." I say defeated.

She grabs my phone and begins reading it. At this point I am still not awake, and feeling confused because as I re read it in my mind it still makes no sense. I hear a little squeal from my wife, and she says "you got it! You can go!"

The weight that lifted off of me at that moment was immense. I could see clearly now, it was like a heavy fog had been surrounding me for the last three months, and it was gone.

I woke up this morning and did not check my Email first thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment