Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Trying for some down time

We started our journey north on Saturday. This first leg consisted of an eleven hour drive from Arizona to Colorado. While long, the drive is through some of the most beautiful scenery of the American southwest. This is the land that I grew up in. I saw it everyday through my childhood, and unfortunately after time I guess I took it for granted. On this drive however I was completely struck by the beauty. I guess it must be the fact that I am leaving it all, and honestly do not know when I will return.




Once we arrived at my parents house the goal was to spend the time recuperating from the madness that has been the last eight months. So far though it has been vey difficult to get the down time. There are so many sights and people to see. We took my daughter on her first mountain hike to a place called Hanging Lake. For those unfamiliar with it, it is a 1.2 mile hike covering 1100 vertical feet. Figured it was necessary for my daughter to see the beauty of Colorado before we moved to Sweden. She enjoyed the hike immensely. 





The people seeing is difficult. Trying to get family members and friends together is like trying to control a heard of caffeinated squirrels. I know that there are people who want to see us before we move, and we want to see everybody as well. Unfortunately we are all not on the same vacation for two weeks. We are trying to get everyone together in a couple of group gatherings. One for family, and one for friends. 

So as all of this rolls on, there has been very little down time so far. I have this feeling of no matter what I do, someone will feel disappointed or left out. I guess I was a little naive thinking that there would be time to do everything. Whatever I end up doing, it is a win win situation for me. If I get to see everyone and everything I will be happy. If I get my downtime, I will finally get to recuperate a little bit.


1 comment:

  1. I am living in haninge as well where is this lake is?

    ReplyDelete